Darren Mack is a Principal Engineer with a diverse background in both geotechnical engineering and civil/structural design, which makes him a true “geostructural” engineer.
Mr. Mack’s experience includes dam and large embankment evaluation, including static and seismic embankment stability and seepage; levee design; design of concrete and shotcrete hydraulic structures and other water conveyance structures; hydropower facility design and rehabilitation; and geotechnical investigation.
He has provided consultation for several dam safety projects, including input to FERC Part 12D reviews and coordination with FERC and DSOD, and Safety Assurance Review for the USACE. In addition, he has provided facility evaluation and programmatic input to clients’ Asset Management and Capital Improvement planning programs.
He has provided consultation for hundreds of private and public projects, and is proficient in managing large engineering teams and subconsultants while honoring the confines of schedules and budgets.
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO)
- El Dorado Surveyors, Architects, Geologists, & Engineers (EDSAGE)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- United States Society on Dams (USSD)